Thursday, April 16, 2009

WIP - Baby Quilt

I know, I can't believe it either....a WIP...from me??? (Sorry for the crappy pictures, these were taken late at night)

Quilt tops are so easy to make. The cutting is time consuming but the sewing is pretty easy if you can manage to match up the seams correctly. The scary part, for me, is the actual quilting. I have yet to actually quilt something, so I figured what better to start with then a baby quilt.


This particular baby quilt is for a friend who is literally due any day now. Her little boy is being stubborn, and isn't ready to make his big entrance into the world. I'm hoping to have this ready for his christening, which seems like a long time. But if you know me, you know that I'll be lucky to ever finish this!

The quilt is just a simple 9 patch. It will look tons better after it's pressed!

I have about half of the blocks done and hope to finish the rest this weekend. It's an ambitious goal though because this weekend is supposed to be beautiful!

No comments: