Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Easter Recipes...

As a newly married woman, I'm dividing my holidays between my new family and my "old" family. This year I celebrated Easter dinner with Hubby's family. MIL was serving ham and I CANNOT have ham on Easter without pineapple souffle. I couldn't imagine Easter dinner without it, so I made it.

Pineapple Souffle (Super Easy!)

Ingredients:
~½ cup butter, softened
~½ cup white sugar
~ 4 eggs
~1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
~5-6 slices bread, cubed

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs. Beat well.
4. Stir in crushed pineapple and bread.
5. Pour in a casserole dish or glass baking dish. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
6. Serve warm!

Notes: The recipe calls for more sugar (about 1 cup) but it really doesn't need it.

Review: I loved it. I did have to make this twice though. The first time I completely melted the butter and decided to use it anyway. Big mistake! I remade it, just prior to putting in the pineapple so it wasn't that bad. My second version could have used about 5 or 10 more minutes in the oven though (my oven is weird).

No comments: