Sunday, June 1, 2008

Un"wii"lievable

I've only used the Wii Fit twice and already I was able to come up with the pros and cons of the game. I was nervous about stepping on the balance board (scale really) since I heard alot people were being told they were obese. Turns out my BMI is normal :) I set my goal to lose 10 pounds in 2 months. We'll see how that goes! If you're nervous about your hubby or kids accessing your Wii Fit profile you can password protect it. I did out of principle because I don't think FH really needs to know how much I weigh :)
The game is divided into four areas: balance, yoga, aerobics, and strength training. I think the game is perfect for me. I never work out so I'm a little out of shape. The exercises are tough enough for me but if you are the gym going type who runs like 12 miles a day, leave this game on the shelf for the rest of us out of shape Americans :) The one thing and probably only thing I don't like about Fit is that there is no flow to the game. You can't select multiple exercises and set up a routine which would be even more perfect. You have to select each separate exercise you want to do which means there's a bit of lag time between each exercise. Not a major problem but still something I noticed.
Each minute of exercise you do goes into the Wii Fit bank which unlocks different games after you collect a certain amount. I haven't unlocked most of the games yet but I'm looking forward to it! So far my favorite is the hula hoop and the strength training. I can really feel the strength training working my muscles. I used to take yoga classes so that was one of the reasons I really liked Fit. I have yet to try much of the yoga though since our living room is a little tight.

Pics from http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_fit.html

No comments: