Saturday, March 2, 2013

Last Quilt of 2012

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Julie Herman's patterns and when I saw a sample of her Wonton pattern hanging in The Village Quilter, it was love at first sight!  

My mom had requested a quilt for a friend of friend's daughter who was having a baby.  The baby (a little girl) is a miracle baby.  The couple had tried for years to conceive and were unsuccessful.  They decided to give fertility treatment a try without telling their family as to not disappoint anyone if it failed.  It worked and their beautiful baby girl was born in December.

I started this quilt at the Philly Modern Quilt Guild retreat back in November and had the quilt top cut and pieced in an afternoon.  The pieces were cut using Jaybirdquilt's Hex N More ruler.  For the backing, I picked up a soft cuddle fabric in red and quilted with an allover stipple pattern.  The cuddle fabric was surprisingly easy to quilt with and was very forgiving in terms of tension issues.  I think it will be my go to backing for baby quilts because it's so soft and comfy!

Wonton Baby Quilt

Backed with soft, comfy, snuggle fabric :)


Quilt Stats: 
Pattern:  Wonton by Jaybirdquilts
Pieced & Quilted by Me.
Started on November 10, 2012.  Completed on December 18, 2012.
Fabric: ??  Some pulled from stash, Riley Blake, and Bungle Jungle by Tim and Beck for Moda.

1 comment:

mascanlon said...

Such a cute quilt! I love Wonton and Hex n More and ts fun to see a baby quilt using them, great job!