Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bee Mistaken

I was so happy to have finished all of my blocks for the Simple Bee....and then I saw it.

I was addressing the label on the envelope and saw purple, aqua, & maroon as Mermaid Sews's color choice.  This is certainly not purple, aqua, & maroon.

I remember thinking to myself while making this block, who requests purple & red?!?  I did my best to choose  purple & red fabric that went together {is that possible?} and was OK with the result.  After I realized my mistake, I was never so happy to take apart a block.  Yes, I could have just made another block, but the purple & red block just felt wrong.  Now that they are separate....I'll use the red center for my aqua & red blocks, and re-use the purple to make the correct color block!

At least my other block for August was right!
Simple Bee Block for SewtoBed
I made my test block for the 4x5 modern quilt bee.  I made it in my colors (purple & gray) using this tutorial, although I wish I would have went a little heavier on the purple.  The block is very easy to construct.  The fabric selection & cutting are the most time intensive.  The block is perfect for scraps as well.  I've started pulling fabric for my hive and can't wait to get sewing!

1 comment:

CitricSugar said...

You're far happier than I would've been to take a apart a block. lol.

They all look great.