Thursday, February 3, 2011

More clutches

Gathered Clutch

Two more clutches made using Noodlehead’s gathered clutch tutorial.  No straps added to either of these…because I sort of forgot and realized it once they were sewn together.  The brown one is for my mom and the red one is for a friend.  The red one is exactly the same as the first one I made…I just really liked the color combination. 

Fabrics are Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.  I even shortened the zipper on the red one…it may sound silly but my experience with zippers is so limited.  Shortening the zipper was super easy!

I think this might be the last time I use this tutorial though.  I might refer to it time to time for construction tips but I think I might make a patchwork clutch or something “non-gathered”.  I’m still confused about the zipper tabs and what exactly I’m supposed to do with them when sewing around the clutch in the final step, but I think I managed to fudge it properly.

No comments: