Monday, July 26, 2010

Crazy about Circles

So I started the Cherish Nature quilt with a solid, that may or may not be Kona solid, and ran out.  I thought I had 5 yards…but it was definitely a different color Kona…so I’m forced to put it aside until I figure out what the heck fabric it was. 

So I took that 5 yards of Kona and cut it up for my Circle Around quilt - designed by Julie.  I used the easy circle ruler and in my opinion…not so easy….at first.  I think it was a combination of being hot (sewing/ironing without air conditioning in my 90F dining room) and irritated from above noted mistake.  I managed to completely screw up 1 circle…that turned out to be 2 half circles (duh!) and cut 5 or so the wrong size…I’ll use those on the back.  I used my Frolic layer cake from Amy’s Creative Side SMS giveaway.  It’s so bright and cheery!!  As for the pattern itself, super easy and super fun.  The blocks come together so quickly, once all of the cutting is out of the way.

img_0537

It’s so big, I couldn’t get it all in one picture!  Like I said, super easy and quick…all I have left is to sew my rows together and quilt!

3 comments:

Christine said...

So cute!!! How will you quilt it?

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Wow impressive. I would love to be able to make a quilt. I lack skills and time at the moment though! Thanks for the comment. I will see a doctor next week if the bottom one doesn't go down anyway. The patch of rash hasn't spread at all since just after it came up, so Im not too worried as Im used to them.

Daisy Dayz Home

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i'm sorry the ruler gave you issues... did you use the cutter that goes with it? the purple and yellow one? it helps a lot...

regardless of the ruler your quilt looks great!!