Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feelin' the Christmas Spirit...sorta

Yesterday was the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I will save you the background of the game...all that matters is the release of this game was highly anticipated and built up by Hubby, my brother, and lots of other 20-30+ year old men (and women including myself) I know.

Hubby preordered the game from a popular gaming store and we picked it up during lunch.  I was lucky enough to not have to go to the midnight release.  When we got home from work, Hubby tore into the packaging.  Watching Hubby, I experienced a weird feeling and then all of a sudden it hit me.... 




I was instantly reminded of the leg lamp.  If you are not familiar with the leg lamp....well you're missing out.  It is from my favorite Christmas movie ever, A Christmas Story.  It's actually played for 24 hours straight on TBS on Christmas day.  Watching Hubby open this "gift" was like watching the Old Man - Mr. Parker open the leg lamp.  The light in his eyes and the pure happiness was a sight to see....Ok so the gift:





The game comes with night vision goggles and a numbered display head.  Yes, for real!  Functioning night vision goggles that have nothing to do with the game and a nifty artwork book!  As for the actual game play, I don't know as I haven't had the privelege of playing yet.

No comments: