If you've never had a migraine, consider yourself lucky. If you don't know if you've had a migraine, you haven't. Trust me, you would know.
As a teenager I had horrible headaches pretty much every other day; alot of it related to allergies/sinus problems and my wisdom teeth. In my late teens and early twenties, I began to get migraines. The smallest thing can trigger a migraine. Doctors say to avoid caffeine, alcohol and chocolate. That's only slightly impossible considering I work early in the morning (need coffee), am young and like to have fun (need booze), and I'm A WOMAN (need chocolate)!
Luckily the frequency of migraines has decreased as I changed my diet and got older. People at work know when I have a migraine though because my office overhead lights are turned off. Stupid fluorescent lights - I miss my window office!
Unfortunately, I have a migraine tonight, right now actually... The combination of symptoms is agonizing. My head is pounding, I'm nauseous (TMI, I know!), and sensitive to light and sound. The sensitive to light and sound means sitting in a dark room with complete silence to avoid further nausea and head pounding.
Well I'm not tired migraine so, GO AWAY already!