Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hooray for Warranties

I bought a pretty expensive tv last July. It is a Phillip's 42" LCD HD television (from Sears). I actually just finished paying off the tv last month. I'm never one to buy extended warranties on anything but with the way things are made these days it seemed like a good idea. The tv itself was $1800 (ouch). I figured for $300 for a three year warranty it was well worth protecting my investment.

Hubby was trying to play Rockband 2 last night but there was no sound. We checked the connections and tried again. No luck! Past experience told us our Xbox 360 was at fault considering this is our 3rd Xbox and the last one malfunctioned after less than a year. We checked the DVD player and soon found out that none of the back audio inputs on the tv were working. I had not even considered that something could be wrong with the tv; not after only a year. Things just aren't made the same anymore. Gone are the days when a tv would last for 10-20 years. Luckily, we have a warranty, which I think I have Hubby to thank for talking me into getting one :) Sears is sending someone out to look at it on Saturday. Hopefully they'll just let us get a new one and be done with it, but I doubt it!

No comments: