Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Walmart Wedding Rings

Well we're down to t-minus 4 months until the wedding and I'm FREAKING out! There's so much to do and instead of getting stuff done I'm avoiding it altogether. My next big steps are to get the rehearsal dinner booked (overdue), wedding bands (on time), and invitations (slightly overdue). After that I can relax for another week or two.
So FH as you might expect could care less about the invitations or picking our wedding bands. He doesn't think he needs a wedding band. Actually what he really said is if I don't take his last name, he won't wear one! I'm traditional but I'm also very attached to my last name so I said I wanted to hyphenate my name. I am still in the early stages of my career but my name is out there in the environmental blah blah field and I don't want to lose my identity. Well FH is not happy but it's not really his decision. Maybe I'll change my mind, maybe I won't.
I wanted to go look at wedding bands tonight which brought up the whole argument again. Regardless we need wedding bands for the ceremony (oh, if he's not wearing one neither am I) so I suggested we go to Walmart and buy $30 wedding bands :) Well it's 8pm and no invitations ordered and no Walmart wedding bands, but I'm sure you already knew that!

No comments: