Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Long Lost Hobbies

Finally getting back into the swing of things. What am I talking about......crafting of course! I've never really had a good place to sew until now. My sewing machine was always in my bedroom when I lived with my parents or in my tiny dorm room at college.

Well last night I set up my "girl" room (aka unused bedroom in our house) and I'm really excited! It's my space to sew, knit, do work, scrapbook and play wii. I'm looking forward to getting back to all of the sewing projects I've started over the past 10 years as well as some new ones. As a side note, FH does have his "man" room, in our finished attic. It was originally my space in the house but I let him have it since it's been really really hot up there. But anyway, I have a basket full of half finished projects which peeking at last night, I know includes some clothes in need of mending, two quilts, a cute summer shirt, American Girl doll clothes, and a dress. And that's only 1 basket! Like most other crafters I have oodles and oodles of unused fabric, yarn, trim, etc that was bought with some project in mind. Oh and did I mention the number of patterns I have! I'm such a pack rat!


Now all my room needs is a comfy chair for knitting/lounging in front of the tv :)

No comments: