Friday, February 13, 2009

Breathless Peach Cheesecake - No Bake!

Hubby's birthday was February 5th! He turned 29 this year :) In honor of his birthday and because he loves cheesecake I made him a peach cheesecake. The recipe is super easy! My mom used to make this for us, so I did a quick search of the internet and here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:

1 env. Knox unflavored gelatin
1/4 c. cold water
1 can (16 oz.) lite peaches, drained (reserve juice)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) lite cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar

Directions:

1. In blender sprinkle unflavored gelatin over water, let stand 2 minutes.
2. In small saucepan, bring juice to a boil. Add juice to blender and process at low until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and process at high until blended.
4. Pour into 9 inch pie pan (graham cracker crust).
5. Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Garnish with peaches.

Pic of my work area, complete with new blender!
The cheesecake was easy to make, really good and definitely something I'll be making again!
All ready to eat!

No comments: