Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

I carved my 2nd pumpkin this year for the office pumpkin carving contest. Carving pumpkins is really a lot easier than it looks. You just need a steady hand and a little bit of patience. Hubby did the not so fun job of scooping all the slimy insides. I found a cute spider pattern online and off to work I went. The pumpkin looked awesome and I took 2nd place in the contest on Halloween.


Hubby and I ditched out of work early on Halloween, hoping to make it to the Phillies World Series Celebration parade. The city was gridlock and mass transit was at a standstill so we watched the parade from the comfort of our own home. It was much better that way! There were 100s of 1,000s of people there (more like a million or two), plus we enjoyed a bottle of champagne. I always said the best wedding present would be the phillies winning the world series!

The rest of the day consisted of a nap and going trick or treating with my brother's girlfriend and her daughter, Micky. Paige came with us too! She was so excited. I think it was the longest walk she's ever been on. We walked through town all the way to Mom's house. Paige and Micky were too tired to walk back so Mom gave us a ride. Hubby stayed home to give out candy to the trick or treaters but no one came by. A few of our neighbor's kids came by earlier in the day but that's it. We think it's because we had no decorations up, but ALL our lights were on in the house. When my brother and I were younger, we knocked on every door with lights on. Lol, maybe that wasn't the best/safest approach looking back! I already went and bought decorations on clearance for next year so hopefully more kids will come by.

No comments: