Monday, November 17, 2008

Can you really get something for nothing?

Here is an offer for a free 20 page photo book ($30 value) from Snapfish which was featured during an Oprah episode (Sorry, it's no longer valid!):





This offer was posted all over the Internet, on blogs and various message boards that I frequent. I decided to take advantage of the offer and signed up for a Snapfish account. I clicked the free offer link, created an account, uploaded a million or so photos, and created my book. I tried placing my order, but like a million other people trying to take advantage of the offer, Snapfish had no record of the free photo book that was previously in my account. Alot of people had placed their orders thinking that they would be credited later. I decided to contact Snapfish before placing my order to see what the heck was going on. I used the online chat approach for the first time ever and only had to wait a 1/2 hour for someone to chat with me. It was resolved and my free photo book credit showed up in my Snapfish account in literally a minute.

To top it off, Snapfish was offering free shipping the day I ordered as well. So yes, you can get something for nothing...if you're in the right place at the right time! (Disclaimer: my book was more than 20 pages so I paid for the additional pages- $4.26 total.) I also ordered 40 4x6 prints of wedding pictures (free, of course!).

Update (12/3/08): I received the book this week. It's ok. The quality is just ok. It's not because of my pictures...it's Snapfish related and if you'd like more info feel free to email me. I'm definitely not complaining because the book was (almost) free, but I would definitely use Blurb if I was going to make another photo book. Blurbs books, from what I've seen, are high quality.

No comments: