Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Favorite Food

Planned on taking FH out to dinner Friday night but wasn’t sure where. Wanted to try a new place, since we are both creatures of habit but logically it didn’t make sense to spend alot of money on a dinner we may not like when we could go somewhere and know we’ll love it. FH drove to Haddonfield and I led him right to Fuji’s (the best Japanese/Sushi place EVER). I think he was pretty surprised considering Fuji’s is a little expensive and we’re both trying to save for updating the house and for the wedding. If you are ever near Haddonfield, NJ, I highly recommend Fuji's; not only for their sushi but also their cooked Japanese cuisine is pretty yummy. Haddonfield is also a cute little town to walk around after dinner too. They have a lot of little shops and the homes are beautiful.

The back story to my favorite food: My parents and brother were in a football pool with my mom's boss K. The bet was if my family lost they would have to go eat sushi which at the time was GROSS to us and if we won K would come to our house and cook us breakfast. We lost the first year so K made them go eat all kinds of sushi. (I was exempt because I wasn't part of the pool.) My mom loved the sushi but not so much for my dad and brother. We would go to dinner there so my mom could satisfy her craving for sushi and eventually we all started ordering the sushi. I'd have to say for most people it is an aquired taste. I introduced FH to my food obsession and he ended up liking it right away. That's how I knew we were meant to be (jk). My fav are the unagi rolls (eel) which are actually cooked but whatever!


Haddonfield, NJ - http://www.haddonfieldnj.org/




The Restaurant - http://www.fujirestaurant.com/home.htm



FH's dinner minus a few pieces he already ate.

No comments: