Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Work in Progress

I love this quilt…I seriously can’t stop staring at it.  Isn’t she gorgeous?

The pattern is Jaybirdquilt’s Quarter Log Cabin as published on the Fon's and Porter website.  The blocks came together super easy.  I loved Julie’s original version of the quilt (especially after seeing it in person) that I knew I had to make it.  It took a little work to track down the Martinique (Moda) fabric but it was totally worth it.  This quilt is currently waiting for the rows to be sewn together and then it’s on to the borders. 

Do you like my design floor? I never know where to lay out my quilts, especially for basting.  Usually I’m dealing with 2 dogs and 2 cats.  I’ve even tried laying out quilts on my design…..grass??? (on a very windy day when the lawn was overdue for mowing!).

Jaybirdquilt’s Off the Rail pattern in It’s a Hoot by Momo for Moda.  Quilt is done and should be posted very shortly!

And no I would not baste a quilt on the grass…I’m not that silly!

3 comments:

Manda said...

These are both looking great! I love the Off the rails one - so bright, they go well with grass :)

Denise in PA said...

The Quarter Log Cabin looks great in Martinique! I love that line - I still have a FQ bundle of that hanging out on my shelf. Off the Rails is so colorful! I have nowhere great to lay out quilts either (plus a dog who has to sit on every piece of fabric I put on the floor) and have resorted to trying to take photos on the (uncut) grass too - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Love the Off the Rail!