Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

So I guess it’s not surprising my bee block for March was late too…after the whole Doll Quilt swap debacle.  I really have done zero sewing over the past few months…up until recently that is.

For March, Kristy asked for wonky stars.  I have such a tough time with all things wonky, but I gave it my best shot.  I used Just Wing It by Momo and I think I like it. 

Sarah’s bee block for the Scrap Bee for April.  Sarah asked for string blocks….pretty easy, except I made the wrong size.  Thankfully bigger so I trimmed it down and off it went. I dug into my scrap basket for this one (some Momo, Amy Butler, and Tula Pink among others).

I’ve really enjoyed the bee so far.  I’ve made 4 blocks that I’ve never made before….I definitely like making string blocks and am going to add a string quilt to my to do list.

May is my month in the bee!  I’m pretty sure I’m going to ask for spiderweb blocks.  Can’t wait!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I really like the star - it looks really cute!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog today and despite what you say about yourself, you really found your calling! I absolutely love your tree doll quilt, gorgeous! Am wandering through more posts now...