Friday, April 16, 2010

Difficult Decisions

I’ve been in a funk lately.  This week I have been faced with the realization that school is just too much for me right now.  I’m not sure if I’m burn out per say…but I’m ready to be done.  So ready…. I am struggling in one of my courses…after only the first week.  I am recognizing the fact that it’s more difficult than I had anticipated and that I will actually have to work…make that very hard… to be successful in this course.  Normally I push through classes and easily get A’s…. Only two classes away from my degree and I’m struggling.  So what’s a girl to do but drop a class…and NOT graduate in June.  So sad…and disappointed….I completely stressed over the decision of which class to drop…the easy A or the work really hard for a B (if I’m lucky) class.  Stressed so much that I gave myself a migraine.  I’m sticking it out in the hard class because I think it will be helpful in my career.  So that’s my not happy news….and if I really want to torture myself I can take my last class this summer…on Thursday nights which is generally a traffic nightmare in the city.

With working full time and school this year, I’m thankful that I have a hobby that I find incredibly relaxing.  I can work 8+ hours a day, come home and do 2-3 hours of school work, and as long as I get to sew,  everything is ok in my world.  We may not eat a gourmet dinner or have a very clean house, but I’m happy.  Just call first before coming over :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

I can't tell you how many times in graduate school I cried. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Hang in there- I'm sure you made the best decision for you. Thank goodness for quilting!! Oh and my house is the same way- even though I'm done with grad school! hahah! :) Christine