Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year, New Bee & A Blog makeover

I really need a blog makeover but I haven’t figured out how to do it yet.  I used to be pretty tech savvy in college (oh the things I used to do)…but I haven’t had the time to devote to teaching myself anything new lately.  If you have any tips, let me know.  For now, I’ll keep using the blogger templates.

My first bee ever started this month -  Scrap-bee Blocks {on flickr of course}.  It’s a stash busting bee – because each month we make a block using our own fabric and send it to the Queen/King  Bee.  It’s Dustin’s month and he requested donkey blocks.  At first, I was a little scared of the tiny 1” finished blocks, but once I started putting it together it wasn’t soo bad.  I consolidated some of the blocks so there would be less piecing.  I’m really happy with how it came out.  I wish I would have made it a little more fun, like some of the others in the group but oh well.  It’s done now! 

january block

**Oh and BIG NEWS**

I’m so excited!  I got into Doll Quilt Swap 10!!!  SO EXCITED!  Participants were drawn by lottery so I was waiting and crossing my fingers, followed by more waiting, and received an email this weekend telling me I was in.  I can’t wait to get started!

2 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

last time i checked your really good friends with a tech nerd and have plans to sew with this friend this weekend. you should ask her to help you with a blog makeover. she wouldn't know how to say no.

Angie said...

I just did a blog makeover and it was easier than I thought! Luckily there are templates!! I used one from themeforest.com; but there are many free ones! Cute donkey blocks and congrats on getting into the Doll Quilt Swap.