Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome, December…

Where did November go? 

Been crazy busy here…sewing a ton and doing some renovations on the house.  Since my last post….sooo long ago….I finished this quilt.

img_0638

Project time:  Hmmm… mid July 2010 – Nov 20, 2010.

Designed by Julie and published in the Summer 2010 Quilts & More magazine. 

Pieced and quilted by me.

Fabric (including backing and binding) is Frolic by Sandy Gervais for Moda.  White solid is Robert Kaufman kona.

img_0640

I had started this quilt with a recipient in mind but then realized how wonderful it would look on the bed in my guest room. (Don’t worry, the intended recipient will receive an equally awesome quilt….someday!)  This quilt is currently on the guest bed….and I may or may not have slept under it last night because someone was snoring…..shhhh!

img_0642

Part of my lack of posting is the state of my house.  We tore our living room and dining room apart during November, pulled up the old carpet….a layer of tile and ply wood, sanded the floors, and stained them.  We had lots of help from family but it was exhausting.  The floors are {finally} done and look great. 

img_0639

Isn’t it pretty?!

Next up:  an apron pattern review, finishing the blocks from my latest jelly roll quilt, and my solids challenge for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.

1 comment: