Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Hi everyone!  Reviving this little blog to enter the Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2014 Edition.  I'm mostly on Instagram these days (IG for those in the know) as Craftyprocrastinator.  But, I really REALLY wanted to show you all a quilt that I love!  I loved making it and even more I love snuggling under it in the winter.

I started this quilt three years ago when I was on maternity leave with my newborn.  I should have been sleeping, cleaning, or even eating during naps, but for my sanity, I quilted.

I fell in love with City Quilts after Cherri House's lecture at the Philly Modern Quilt Guild in spring 2011. A number of the quilts in City Quilts are on my Quilty Bucket List like City Green....{LOVE!}, but this quilt wasn't about me.  I handed City Quilts to my husband and said pick a quilt that you would like me to make for you.  We'd been together for six years and everyone had a quilt except for him.  He picked a few and I narrowed it down to City Lot.  It took awhile to finish, but wow, was it worth it!
 
It was quilted with straight lines and is probably the largest quilt I've ever quilted on my home machine.  The finished size is approximately 75 inches by 80 inches.


I backed it with a cheater print that I think worked well.



Made with a variety of Kona cotton solid prints.  Although the City Quilts book provided the pattern which included the cutting details, the colors were left to the individual quilter to select.  Cherri recommended bright colors which I think worked well with the chocolate brown background.


Thanks for visiting!  I'm entering this quilt into the Large quilt category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I hope you enjoyed seeing my City Lot quilt.

5 comments:

Zenia Rene said...

Very nice Tricia! I'm glad you were able to get it finished. Love the cheater print on the back too! Good providence in the Festival!

Kris said...

ohh love this. I see the design up close but when you see it on the fence it has all sorts of diamond movement and it is just lovely!

StudioCherie said...

I love this quilt. Perfect for you and your man. Great choices.

PaintedThread said...

Oh, my - look at all of those pieces! It came out great!

Luckybear said...

It is very nice Tricia. I love your color choices. It is very vibrant.
Kari