Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pure Challenge

I finished my Project Pure quilt for the September meeting of the Philly Modern Quilt guild.  Project requirements were 1 charm pack of Pure and 1/2 yard of any coordinating fabric…backing and binding were up to us.

From the beginning I envisioned creating an quilt with “on point” quarter square triangles.  Here' is what I came up with….

img_0560

Close up of the stippling and backing (Authentic by Sweetwater for Moda)img_0562

Quilt top close up (stippling over the seams was difficult!)img_0563

Project Time:  August 8 – September 4

Fabric:  Charm pack of Pure (by Sweetwater for Moda), 1/2 yard Kona white, and backing noted above.

Completed Size:  Approx 28” square

For:  Me!  I plan on hanging it in my sewing room.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, great job! It looks fantastic!

Candi said...

It looks great and I cant wait to see it in person!c

lari smiles said...

Very pretty! I wasn't sure I liked Pure at first, but after seeing all these beauties being created for Project Pure, I'm really starting to love it.

aliasannajm said...

Oh Tricia, it's beautiful!

Angie said...

Very pretty! I just joined the MQG, so hopefully I will see this quilt in person later in the month. Great job Tricia!

Christine said...

Oh I love it!! Can't wait to see it :)

jaybird said...

it looks fantastic!! i'm still impressed by your stippling skills! it was fun to watch you work on this!!