Friday, May 28, 2010

Wonderland

Check out these double hour glass blocks! 

img_0436

This quilt is going to be my favorite ever…I just know it.  My original intentions were to make another hexagon quilt by sewing a white strip to each jelly roll strip.  Instead, I cut my strips using a half square triangle ruler and came up with this - each strip set yielded 2 blocks.  Fun!

So why did I finally use my coveted wonderland jelly roll!?  Because I found something even better, a wonderland layer cake online, which btw they have plenty of jelly rolls and honey buns of wonderland in stock!  So excited to add this to my stash, but what’s a stash if you aren’t going to use it?

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

good move!! they look great! {now i feel bad that i cut one into hexagons!!}