Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Stash

I don't think I ever do these...but I added some cute fabric to my stash this week so I thought, why not?!

Friday night was the first sewing night of the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.  I drove over an hour through rain, wind and traffic to get there, but it was worth it!  I got the binding sewn onto my animal alphabet pinwheel quilt (which I LOVE) and picked up some new fabric while in the shop.  How could I resist?


3 yards of Blush by Basic Grey for Moda.  Yummy!  Believe it or not, I don't really have any WIPs.  So I might just have to cut this up soon!  

Such a busy weekend!  Saturday I drove through more wind, rain, and flooded roads to a baby shower to give mommy-to-be the animal alphabet quilt.  I literally pulled it out of the dryer, wrapped it, and walked out the door!  Talk about last minute finishes....but here it is all quilted.


Here is a close up of the backing...so cute!

Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Love the blog make over!

I'm so glad you made it out in the rain to the sewing night. It was so fun. The quilt came out beautifully- love the way it crinkled up. Any ideas of what you'll make with Blush? :) Christine

Nicole said...

You are one dedicated quilter to travel out and about in that bad weather! The baby quilt is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a great baby quilt! I love how you quilted the pinwheels and I'm sure the mom to be loved it.

Seeing the Blush fabric again makes me wish I had bought some while I was there. Maybe next time...