Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Birdie Baby Quilt

Wow, I’ve disappeared for awhile!  Holy Cow! 

I swear after June (i.e. graduation followed by a wealth of free time) my blogging habits will be much better.  Really!

Lately I’ve become obsessed with precuts especially charm packs.   I bought Birdie charm packs in anticipation that one of my two pregnant coworkers would be having a girl.  No such luck!

Instead, a good friend of mom’s daughter is pregnant and guess what?!  It’s a girl.  So I whipped this up just in time for her shower on Sunday.  I love the binding and backing on this one.

100_1132

100_1142

 

What I love even more than this watermelon backing, is the quilt rack made by my Hubby for Christmas.  The tiger maple is gorgeous…. (please excuse the furry floor)

100_1133

 

Too bad I’ve only made 3 quilts and have given all 3 away!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Cute! Girlie quilts are so much fun. Your hubs did a great job with the quit rack. :) Christine

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

well next one is for you then!! cute quilt!