Tuesday, October 14, 2008

World's Worst Traveler = ME!!!!

We're back from the honeymoon : ( It was amazing! Pictures and details to follow.

The trip home was exhausting though:

3:30am - wake up call from hotel
4:00am - check out of gorgeous resort
4:00am - 5:00am - Wait for transportation to airport. We finally called a taxi because it was getting close to our flight time. Shuttle came, taxi cancelled = me left with 500 useless pesos.
5:30am - 6:30am - Wait in line to check in. Apparently, a flight attendant hit an emergency door button prior to take off yesterday so a flight was cancelled...meaning many more people waiting in line with us today than there should have been.
6:30am - throw out candle because DUH, you can't carry a candle in your carry on bag. I was really upset about this. It was a tall candle in a heart shaped glass that said Riviera Maya on it. Right on the other side of the security was a store selling the same damn candles....yes I bought one. Hubby calls it my angry candle.
7:30-10:00am - Flight to Dallas, Texas
10:00am - 11:00am - Run through immigration, pick up baggage, run through customs (I seriously had to pick up my bags to hand a chick a piece of paper!!!!), recheck bags - luckily I remembered to put my angry candle in my checked luggage this time, go through security AGAIN [So this time I set security off by a) not taking my shoes off - I didn't have to do this when leaving Mexico but whatever and by b) having my earphones in my travel pouch that I didn't take off going through the metal detector], find shuttle to other end of airport, board plane. Notice no time for food! Thank God for raiding the mini bar of peanuts and chocolate before we left.
11:30am - 2:45pm - Flight to Philadelphia!!! Arrival local time 3:45.
3:00pm - 4:00pm - Reclaim bags, wait for shuttle home.
4:45pm - Arrive home, greet kitty cats, order pizza, eat FINALLY!
7:30pm - Sleep....seriously!!

No comments: